Blackmagic Design Releases Camera 6.9.3 UpdateAhto Klooster
With the latest Camera 6.9.3 Update, Blackmagic Design adds new functionalities to the already discontinued URSA Mini Pro 4.6K. This update brings the ability to embed custom 3D LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips, new customizable frame guides alongside the inclusion of multiple language support.
The update also adds improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs, better jam sync timecode functionality as well as major performance enhancements and improvements. Overall, this is great news for those of you who are still shooting with the original URSA Mini Pro 4.6K and want to get the most out of the available hardware on board. Below we have listed all the features that Camera 6.9.3 Firmware Update includes.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.9.3
- Add language localization support.
- Add slider and 1/3rd stop increments when adjusting ISO.
- Add common off-speed frame rate options above slider.
- Add ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Add sidetone level adjustment.
- Add improved ballistics and scaling of audio meters.
- Add choice of -18 or -20dB reference levels for audio meters.
- Add ability to remap the HFR button.
- Add ability to disable function and HFR buttons.
- Add ability to remap VTR and Ret buttons on B4 lenses.
- Add quick media switching from the heads up display.
- Add support for HDR metadata in SDI output.
- Add ‘LUT’ icon to status text overlays.
- Add ‘PRE’ icon to status text overlays for preset timecode.
- Add 2:1, 1:1 and 4:5 monitoring frame guides.
- Add customizable frame guides.
- Add ability to lock timecode to SDI Input.
- Retain jam synced timecode after power cycle.
- Improved jam sync timecode accuracy after playback.
- Improved stability when using external or program reference.
- Improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs.
- Improved accuracy of status text on SDI outputs.
- Improved ND filter status text.
- Improved auto exposure speed and performance.
- Improved media formatting user interface.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 1.7
- Added support for Panasonic EVA1 Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Added support for Canon EOS C300 Mark II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plugin general performance and stability improvements.
There are no new features in 6.9.3 for other camera models. Keep in mind that for updating Blackmagic Cameras from Camera 4.0 or above it is advisable to export your presets and LUTs onto a card as they will be removed during this update. You can read the full instructions regarding the update by visiting the Blackmagic Design Support Center Page.