ATEM Mini Pro
Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro
Similar to its predecessor, the ATEM Mini, the ATEM Mini Pro from Blackmagic Design is a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel designed for multicamera live streaming up to HD video to the internet or broadcast applications from gaming consoles, corporate computer streams, or HD cameras. Along with the software control update, the Mini Pro builds on the Mini with features such as live stream data rate and status information, a built-in hardware encoder, simultaneous recording to USB drives, drive hot swapping with the Blackmagic MultiDock, added record and stream buttons, stream caching, a timecode generator, program preview multiview, tally support, and support for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K and 4K to utilize as your broadcast sources.
The ATEM Mini Pro retains the same rear-panel setup on which four HDMI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis and they input up to 1080p HD video. There is also an HDMI output for a projector or multiview monitoring, a USB Type-C output as for recording HD video to a computer, and an RJ45 10/100/1000 Ethernet port for direct live streaming as well as system management, remote control, and upgrades. You can adjust frame rate depending on the quality of your stream, and there is no need for additional streaming software because the Pro includes a built-in hardware encoder.
The updated ATEM Software Control Panel is used for control and configuration of the ATEM Mini Pro via USB or Ethernet, and it allows you to monitor the data rate, audio meters, configuration, and status of your live feed. The built-in color control panel has the same configuration of DaVinci Resolve, eliminating any learning curve. Advanced features include the ability for engineers to upload an XML configuration file to make it easier to change all your settings at once.
The control surface features the same easy-to-view, backlit control buttons to enable selecting camera inputs, controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. The ATEM Mini Pro adds several buttons to the right side such as a quick record button, which allows you to instantly record your live stream to the connected USB source, or by holding it down, you can hot-swap drives when using the Blackmagic MultiDock if you need to quickly get down to editing. On Air and Stream buttons have also been added to instantly start and stop your stream once it is set up in software control. The added Video Out buttons on the right side allow you to select a program preview for each source, so you can make sure each source is ready to go for air.
The ATEM Mini Pro features the same upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and color generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats.
- Same rear panel as ATEM Mini with added buttons and software features
- Stream video up to 1080p HD
- Quick stream, on-air and record buttons
- Hardware encoder so there’s no need for additional streaming software
- Control and configure timecode, stream status
- Full support and control features for BMPCC 6K and 4K cameras
- Simultaneous USB recording
- Integration with MultiDock for live hard drive switching
- Customize advanced settings with XML files
- Software multiview with program previews, graphics, record status, on air status, audio meters
- Program preview input and output buttons
- Tally light control for BMPCC 6K/4K cameras
- Automatic timecode sync for all cameras
- Cut: when you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source.
- Mix: the mix, or dissolve, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: built-in wipe patterns include circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted or softened and can even have customized colored borders.
- DVE: with the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options.
- Luma key: luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a gray scale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: combine live images with any of the built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Pro Specs
|Available M/E Layers||5 M/E|
|Effect Types||1 x DVE, Graphic, Transition, Chroma Key, Alpha Key, Luma Key|
|Downstream Keys||1 x Chroma, DVE
2 x Luma
|Audio Mixing||2-Channel Mixing|
|Number of Video Input Sources||4|
|Video Input Connectors||4 x HDMI Female|
|Input Video Format||HDMI (10-Bit 4:2:2 YUV)
1080p: 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60 fps
1080i: 50/59.94/60 fps
720p: 50/59.94/60 fps
|Audio Input Connectors||2 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Analog Female|
|Embedded Audio Input||HDMI: 2-Channel (per Input)|
|Video Output Channels||1|
|Video Output Connectors||1 x HDMI|
|Output Video Format||HDMI / RJ45 (10-Bit 4:2:2 YUV)
1080p: 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60 fps
|Embedded Audio Output||HDMI: 2-Channel (per Output)|
|Monitor Output||1 x HDMI|
|Other I/O||1 x RJ45 LAN, Sync, Tally, Timecode, Firmware, Control Input/Output
1 x USB Type-C Firmware, Control Input/Output
|OS Compatibility||macOS 10.14 or Later
|Power Connector||1 x Barrel (12 VDC) Input|
|Power Consumption||36 W|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 104°F / 5 to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||14 to 140°F / -10 to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 90%|
|Dimensions||9.35 x 4.07 x 1.38″ / 23.75 x 10.34 x 3.51 cm|
|Weight||19.4 oz / 550 g|
|Package Weight||2.32 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11 x 5.5 x 4.4″|